Download the beta release of the Microsoft Security Compliance Manager version 2
Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) 2 enables organizations to take better advantage of their existing knowledge and investments, and customize security and compliance settings with ease. Customers can harden their machines to industry standards, monitor for configuration drift and address the configuration requirements of hundreds of regulations like SOX, PCI and HIPAA. Learn more.
- Join the Security Compliance Manager Beta Review Program
- Members, bookmark this link to get the latest project details
New SCM 2 features include:
- GPO import: SCM 2 can now import Group Policy Object (GPO) Backup files to allow organizations to import and compare their existing knowledge against Microsoft baseline recommendations. This long-awaited feature effectively helps you to customize and manage your organization's existing knowledge stored in Active Directory.
- Baseline setting customization: Modifying baselines just got easier. Adding, extending, or deleting settings from a baseline is an effortless process in this new version of the tool.
- Local GPO functionality: Apply security baselines directly to client and server computers using the LocalGPO command-line tool, which enables you to secure stand-alone computers and test different baselines without using Active Directory to deploy them. Use this tool to create local policy snapshots that you can import into SCM 2 using the new GPO import capabilities, which you can then compare, customize, and export as needed.
- Additional features: These include a new and enhanced UI that provides simpler navigation in the tool, and improved installation with SQL Server 2005 and later releases of SQL Server.
Version 2 of the SCM tool will release with a full complement of Microsoft product baselines, including these new and/or updated baselines:
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
In more detail
Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) 2 provides security and compliance configuration recommendations from Microsoft, centralized baseline management features, a baseline portfolio, customization capabilities, and security and compliance baseline export flexibility to accelerate your organization's ability to efficiently manage the security and compliance process for the most widely used Microsoft products and technologies. The formerly stand-alone product-specific security guides are now included in the SCM tool.
- To learn more about SCM, visit the TechNet Library.
Version 2 of the SCM tool releases with a full complement of Microsoft security and compliance baselines, including a new Windows Internet Explorer 9 Security Baseline, and updated baseline versions for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, and Windows Server 2003 SP2.
These new beta baselines provide:
- Setting severity ratings, allowing you to quickly sort, prioritize, and apply Microsoft security and compliance recommendations.
- Consolidated product baselines that eliminate EC and SSLF baseline components, and make viewing, customizing, and implementing your security baselines easier than ever!
- New compliance-based settings groups allow quicker and easier compliance reporting and audit preparation, when used with the GRC management solution within System Center.
--> For more information please see there :