Version 6.2 consolidates all patches, enhancements and security updates released after version 6.1. Some of the new features provided are:
- PCI-e 3.0 and USB 3.0 support
- Ability to set upper limits for CPU consumption providing better overall control of CPU allocation
- Introduction of Control Groups (cgroups), which are used to create and manage slices of computing resources for specific processes. cgroups can be used as part of SLA management.
- Inclusion of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 beta, announced in August this year, which will leverage the RHEL enhancements
- KVM, Virtual CPU timeslice sharing for multiprocessor guests
--> Please see the rest on the blog : http://virtualization.info/en/news/2011/12/release-red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-2.html