Expand your deployment capabilities with support for Windows 8 Release Preview
The Solution Accelerators team is pleased to announce Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Update 1 Beta 1 is available for download on Connect now.
This release expands your deployment capabilities with support for the latest software releases, including Windows 8 Release Preview, Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate, and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Community Technology Preview.
New features include:
- Support for using the DaRT 8 Beta with the Windows 8 Release Preview version of the Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK).
- New “Build Your Own Pages” support for User-Driven Installation (UDI), enabling IT pros to create new wizard panes using simple drag-and-drop operations – no coding required.
- Integration with System Center Orchestrator, enabling task sequences to invoke Orchestrator runbooks at any point in the deployment process.
- Completely reworked “Roles and Features” logic, supporting both installation and removal, as well as providing a new Lite Touch wizard pane for selecting roles and features to install at deploy time.
- Support for PowerShell 3.0 to make it easier to run PowerShell scripts inside task sequences on Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and Windows PE 4.0.
- Simple monitoring functionality for Configuration Manager task sequences, leveraging the monitoring capabilities provided initially in MDT 2012 for Lite Touch deployments.
- Improved “boot from VHD” deployment capabilities, supporting both bare metal and refresh deployments.
--> Please see the rest on the blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/msdeployment/archive/2012/07/06/microsoft-deployment-toolkit-2012-update-1-beta-1-now-available.aspx