In November last year, VMware released version 1.0 of its vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager, an optional module which is capable of managing the Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor from vCenter. Now VMware has announced a public beta for a new version 1.1 of the Multi-Hypervisor Manager, which will support Microsofts latest hypervisor as part of Windows Server 2012, Hyper-V 3.0.
The beta of version 1.1. includes:
- Migration of virtual machines from Hyper-V to ESX or ESXi hosts.
- Support for the latest Microsoft Hyper-V3 hypervisor (as well as the earlier versions).
- Increased scalability with regards to the number of supported third-party hosts to 50 (from 20 in MHM 1.0).
- Ability to provide custom certificates for the MHM server from the installer wizard.
- Multiple objects selection in the UI and a number of other usability improvements.
- Plus a number of server and client-side bug fixes.
--> Please see the rest on the blog : http://virtualization.info/en/news/2013/03/vmware-announces-public-beta-of-vcenter-multi-hypervisor-manager-version-1-1.html