VMware has just released the much anticipated Update 1 patch for vSphere 5.1 which includes several updates and bug fixes for both ESXi and vCenter Server 5.1. I highly encourage everyone to review the release notes for the complete list of resolved issues. While going through the ESXi 5.1 Update 1 release notes myself, I noticed a few resolved bugs that I had been following and thought I would highlight a few of them:
- Reinstallation of ESXi 5.1 does not remove the Datastore label of the local VMFS of an earlier installation
- Re-installation of ESXi 5.1 with an existing local VMFS volume retains the Datastore label even after the user chooses the overwrite datastore option to overwrite the VMFS volume.
- resxtop fails when upgraded from vSphere 5.0 to vSphere 5.1
- In vSphere 5.1, SSL certification checks are turned ON. This might cause resxtop to fail in connecting to hosts and displays an exception message similar the following: HTTPS_CA_FILE or HTTPS_CA_DIR not set. (More details about this issue can be found in this blog article)
- Using the invoke-vmscript command displays an error
- When you use the invoke-vmscript powercli command scripts on the virtual machine, the script fails with the following error message:
One interesting thing that caught my eye while going through the release note is the following:
- Component-based logging and advanced configurations added to hostd log level
- To avoid difficulties in getting appropriate logs during an issue, this release introduces component-based logging by dividing the loggers into different groups and prefixing them. Also, new advanced configuration allows you to change hostd log’s log level without restarting.
--> Please see the rest on the blog : http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2013/04/esxi-5-1-update-1-released.html