There have been some rumors but I can now officially share the update release 1 for vSphere vCenter Server 5.1.
vCenter Server 5.1 Update 1 | Build 1064983
vCenter Server Appliance 5.1 Update 1 | Build 1065184
Download from VMware.com
This release of VMware vCenter Server 5.1 Update 1 offers the following improvements:
- vCenter Server is now supported on Windows Server 2012
- Additional vCenter Server Database Support: vCenter Server now supports the following databases.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2
- Additional Guest Operating System Customization Support -vCenter Server now supports customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
- RHEL 5.9
- vCenter Essentials no longer enforces vRAM usage limit of 192 GB
With vSphere 5.1 Update 1, the Essentials and Essentials Plus licenses no longer restrict virtual machine power-on operations when the vRAM usage limit of 192 GB is met.
- Resolved Issues – This release delivers a number of bug fixes that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section.
Click to review the complete VMware vSphere 5.1 Update 1 release notes
Quick Upgrade Instructions
Single VM vCenter Server
- Mount ISO
- Select Simple Install
- Installer will detect SSO, IS and vCenter and upgrade binaries to Update 1
- Run individual Installer for vSphere Web Client to upgrade web client
--> Please see the rest on the blog : http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2013/04/vmware-vcenter-server-5-1-update-1-released.html