Today Veeam released Veeam Backup & Replication R2. This version has a lot of new features. One of the most interesting is support for VMware vSphere 5.5. The update also contains bugfixes.
Veeam has named this release a patch. To obtain the patch please download it from: Download
More information here
What is new:
- vSphere 5.5 support, including support for 62TB virtual disks and virtual hardware v10 virtual machines.
- vCloud Director 5.5 support.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest virtual machines (VMs).
- Added ability to limit maximum amount of active VM snapshots per datastore to prevent it from being overfilled with snapshot deltas. The default value of 4 active snapshots can be controlled with MaxSnapshotsPerDatastore (REG_DWORD) registry key.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and free Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 support, including support for Generation 2 virtual machines.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest virtual machines (VMs)
- Support for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Support for the installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and its components on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
--> please see the rest on the blog and on Veeam's Website : http://up2v.nl/2013/11/14/veeam-releases-backup-replication-7-0-r2-update-supporting-vsphere-5-5/ / http://www.veeam.com