Since Exchange Server 2013 reached RTM the 11th of October, and finally it was published to MSDN the 24th of October. This post is based on the RTM version of Exchange 2013.
I decided to write a post that included both the KEMP configuration together with the Exchange 2013 configuration. I’ve also seen that Jaap Wesselius have posted an article regarding this topic already, it’s my hope that I can fill the gap regarding the complete configuration of both Exchange and the load balancer.
For illustrating my lab environment, see the picture below.
On the left side is the “client” which tries to connect, in the middle is the load balancers and to the right are my two Exchange 2013 servers.
I did decide to have one namespace per service for having a better flexibility, however this is NOT required. But the advantage for having it like this is that the load balancer can check the health of each component. If one component is not working, it’s just disabling that service from the corresponding server, and not the whole server.
But an disadvantage is a increased cost for the certificate and the load balancer get’s a bit more complex.
I’m using the Virtual LoadMaster which resides in different versions (in the end of my post I will provide some links regarding versions etc).
--> please see the rest on the blog : http://www.testlabs.se/blog/2012/11/02/complete-guide-on-configuring-kemp-vlm-load-balancer-for-exchange-2013/