Ok, I already posted a guide about how to configure Openfiler Linux for free as a shared storage for your Virtual Infrastructure. If you’re not into linux, you can just try Starwind for free too…. (up to 2 TB of Data !!). Here is a PDF guide (it’s for ESX 3.5 but the princip is the same for ESXi 4.
You must create a virtual disk storage which will became a iSCSI Target. Thist target will then be presented to your ESX server as a shared storage.
You’ll be able to setup Starwind iSCSI SAN in only about 10 minuts. In the Free package you’ll get:
- Large 2 TB storage capacity
- Unlimited number of nodes / connections
- Virtualization environment support for VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and XenServer
- Enhances VMware environments by enabling VMotion, VMware HA, DRS and VCB
- Supports Windows server clustering for any application including SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint
01. You will need download the FREE iSCSI software target and install it on your Windows Server (or Workstation).You can download the PDF guide from Starwind Website.
02. Download the Step-by-step PDF guide to follow the necessary configuration steps here.
03. Enjoy… -:)
You can watch also this video which I found on Starwinds Website.