Today, Microsoft finally announced the discontinuing of most of it’s ForeFront products, including the retirement of products used in many Exchange deployments, ForeFront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 and ForeFront Protection for Exchange (FPE).
The products to be discontinued are:
- ForeFront Threat Management Gateway (TMG), including Forefront TMG Web Protection Services (TMG WPS);
- ForeFront Protection for Exchange (FPE);
- ForeFront Protection for SharePoint (FPSP);
- ForeFront Security for OCS (FSOCS);
- ForeFront Protection Server Management Console (FPSMC).
--> Please see the rest on the blog : http://eightwone.com/2012/09/12/forefront-tmg-2010-eol-announcement
This announcement is really not a good one, as TMG is my prefered solution to publish Exchange, so we'll have to find another product as secure as TMG...