VMware vSphere Data Protection (VDP) is a backup and recovery solution that was introduced with vSphere 5.1. VDP leverages mature, proven technology from EMC Avamar to provide reliable, space-efficient, disk-based data protection for VMware virtual machines (VMs). VDP is fully integrated with VMware vCenter Server and the vSphere Web Client. One of the real beauties of VDP is its ease of deployment and management which explains why thousands of VMware customers have already downloaded VDP since it was introduced just a little over six months ago. Today, VMware released VDP 5.1.10 which enhances the capabilities of VDP. Here are the highlights of the new functionality found in the latest version:
- Configure tab in the VDP UI now includes a Log tab, which provides more detailed log information. This information can also be exported to a file.
- Integration with vCenter alarms and alerts notification system
- Ability to clone backup jobs
- New filters for Restore tab
- Added more post-restore options (automatically power on, NIC reconnect)
- Restore rehearsal can be started by right-clicking a virtual machine > All VDP Actions > Restore Rehearsal
--> Please see the rest on the blog : http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2013/04/vdp-5-1-10-ga.html